2019 Cycle 1 grants awarded
At their June meeting, St. Croix Electric Cooperative’s (SCEC) Board of Directors allocated $7,550 to 18 local organizations via its Commitment to Community grant program.
Enacting the seventh Cooperative Principle of Concern for Community, the amount awarded each year represents $1.37 per member plus funds collected through Community Cents, the optional program members can choose to round up their monthly bill.
Applications are reviewed twice each year (June and November). Organizations can receive up to $500 in a 12-month period.
The June grant recipients are (* indicates first-time receipient):
- Friends Helping Friends Formula & Diaper Shelf *
- Friends of Glenwood City Public Library, Inc.
- Friends of the St. Croix County Fairgrounds
- GiGi's Playhouse Down Syndrome Achievement Center – Hudson *
- Hammond Lions Foundation *
- Heaven's to Betsy *
- Kinnickinnic River Land Trust
- Mane Gate Coaching *
- New Richmond Area Centre *
- Salvation Army | Grace Place
- Spring Valley Area Fire Dept.
- Spring Valley Seniors Staying Put Inc. *
- St. Anne Middle School
- St. Croix County American Cancer Society Relay for Life *
- Team Rasquatch - Cystic Fibrosis *
- The Hudson Area Backpack Program
- YMCA in Hudson | SCC YMCA Teen Center
- Youth Action Hudson
Applications for Cycle 2 review are available: