Board of Directors Elections
St. Croix Electric Cooperative is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors - one director representing each of the nine districts within the Cooperative service area. Directors serve three-year terms with three seats on the Board up for election on an annual basis.The Board meets the first Monday of the month at the SCEC office in Hammond. Agendas are posted on the Co-op's website prior to each meeting.
In 2017, director seats in Districts 3, 6 & 9, are up for election. Thank you to our members who served on the Nominating Committee this year. Below is the approved slate of candidates. Click on their name to review their Candidate Statement. Ballots will be mailed to members in Districts 3, 6, & 9, on March 21. Please vote for your candidate, sign the return envelope in the upper-left corner and make sure your vote arrives at the office by Friday, April 7, at 4:30 p.m. Ballots turned in at the Annual Meeting will NOT be counted.
Ballots will be opened and tallied by tellers (members of the Cooperative) during the 80th Annual Meeting of Members on Saturday, April 8, 2017. If you are an SCEC member, are able to attend the Annual Meeting and would like to serve as a teller, please contact Communications & Events Coordinator Dana Bolwerk (715-796-7000).
- Bill Peavey, Incumbent
- may not have a financial interest in a competing business including, but not limited to, electric energy and Internet access;
- may not have had a felony conviction related to a lapse of fiduciary responsibility within the last five years;
- may not have unpaid obligations to the Cooperative or have been subject to disconnection (a 60-day or longer balance owing) for non-payment within a 12-month period;
- may not have been employed by the Cooperative within the preceding five years;
- may not have pursued any litigation against the Cooperative or any of its employees in the preceding five years.