Board of Directors Elections
St. Croix Electric Cooperative is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors - one director representing each of the nine districts within the Cooperative service area. Members (e.g. consumer-owners) have a direct voice in the operations of the Cooperative through the election of representatives to the Board of Directors. Each spring, a volunteer nominating committee approves a slate of director candidates to be elected by mail ballot. Director terms are staggered so that one-third of the nine director seats are elected each year. A director's role includes approving policies, long-range planning and providing the resources leading to the accomplishment of the Cooperative's vision for the future. Directors serve three-year terms with three seats on the Board up for election on an annual basis.The Board meets the first Monday of the month at the SCEC office in Hammond. Agendas are posted on the Co-op's website prior to each meeting.
In 2018, director seats in Districts 2, 5 & 8, will be up for election. In January 2018, a Nominating Committee, with three members from each district up for election, will meet to begin the search for eligible director candidates. The Nominating Committee will reconvene in February to confirm a slate of candidates for the Director Election. Contact Dana Bolwerk (firstname.lastname@example.org | 715-796-7000) if you are member residing in Districts 2, 5, or 8, and are interested in serving on the 2018 Nominating Committee.
- may not have a financial interest in a competing business including, but not limited to, electric energy and Internet access;
- may not have had a felony conviction related to a lapse of fiduciary responsibility within the last five years;
- may not have unpaid obligations to the Cooperative or have been subject to disconnection (a 60-day or longer balance owing) for non-payment within a 12-month period;
- may not have been employed by the Cooperative within the preceding five years;
- may not have pursued any litigation against the Cooperative or any of its employees in the preceding five years.