To Report an Outage:
Text: "outage" to 55050
*Note: If a member has more than one account, they need to text "outage home" or "outage barn" based on where the outage is, per their predesignated terms that were assigned to each account.
The Cooperative Response Center (CRC) is the off-site call center that handles outage reports from St. Croix Electric Cooperative members after normal business hours. SCEC has now contracted with CRC to also extend a text messaging feature - Outage Texting - to members, should they lose power to their home or property.
SCEC members who have a mobile phone equipped for sending/receiving text messages and have that phone number listed on their SCEC account can utilize Outage Texting. Members will receive automated responses to confirm the report has been received and, another text, when power is restored. If a member has difficulties with the text messaging, they can still call the outage number: 800-924-3407. Messaging and data rates may apply.
- Confirm your mobile number is on file at St. Croix Electric Cooperative. If you are unsure, contact the office at 715-796-7000, Mon. - Fri. between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. It may take up to 24 hours for the phone number to be updated/recognized.
- Open the CRC Texting webpage in a new window.
- Start an account by entering your email address and setting up a password.
- Enter the mobile phone number on your SCEC account and click "Submit."
- A Verification Code will be sent to your mobile phone via text.
- Enter the Verification Code into window prompt on your computer to confirm your account and click "Submit."
- You are now set up. A wecome message should be sent to your mobile phone.
- View your account set-up screen on your computer and associate key words to each account based on their service location (e.g. "Home", "Barn", "Shed", "Irrigation", etc.). Utilize these key words when texting outages to allow SCEC crews to expedite restoration time (e.g. "outage home", "outage irrigation").
TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Agreement amends and supplements any pre-existing agreement between Customer and Utility.
In addition to any other methods specified in the Agreement, Customer may report service outages to Utility by text message to 55050. Customer shall be responsible for any and all expenses and costs incurred by Utility (including the cost of dispatching Utility personnel) as a result of a false report of a service outage and shall pay the same within 30 days of invoice by Co-op.
These text messages are processed automatically and not read by a person. If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911. If there is other information related to your outage that would be important for your electric provider to be aware of, please call in your outage by phone (800-924-3407) and relay that information to an operator.
By opting into outage reporting via text message, Customer is also opting into any future text-based communication between Utility and Customer whether or not it is outage related. Text "HELP" for more information and "STOP" to quit.
Dated: April 15, 2016 and effective upon acceptance by Customer