Home Energy Efficiency Assessment Program
Each year, 40 qualifying members can receive a Home Energy Efficiency Assessment arranged by St. Croix Electric Co-op for just $50 + tax (a $350 value). Program is first-come, first-served.
A Home Energy Efficiency Assessment is the best first step toward a more comfortable, energy-efficient and durable home.
This comprehensive inspection of all aspects of your home zeroes in on the issues that matter most, identifying and prioritizing opportunities for energy savings. It will take approximately three hours.
Walk-through inspection of the home, inside and out.
- Combustion safety testing to ensure proper operation of mechanical equipment
- Attic inspection determining insulation levels, leakage pathways and safety concerns.
- Basement/Crawlspace inspection
- Blower door testing to accurately measure the amount of leakage in the home.
- Infrared camera scanning and diagnostics.
- A full, written report and prioritized list of recommendations.
SCEC’s Home Energy Efficiency Assessment program is available to residential accounts with homes at least 10 years old that haven’t received an EE Assessment in the last 10 years. The $50 charge will be applied to your electric bill after the assessment is completed.
SCEC members who implement recommended solutions from the Assessment may be eligible for an Energy Efficiency Incentive up to $500. Improvements must be completed within 24 months of the audit date. Incentive paperwork must be completed and returned to SCEC within three months after improvements are completed.