Commitment to Community Grants
The mission of the Commitment to Community grant program is to demonstrate our cooperative values and local commitment to service by helping others in serving the unmet humanitarian, social and educational needs within our general service area.
Deadlines in 2017:
1st Session: May 24 (Wednesday)
2nd Session: Oct. 30 (Monday)
Questions can be directed to Dana in the Communications department at 715-796-5613 or email@example.com .
Each application will be reviewed and considered on its individual merits. The funds available and the number of grant applications received may impact the amount of the grant awards and the number of applications funded. Grant awards shall not exceed $500 per organization per calendar year. Grant applications reviewed by members of the SCEC Board of Directors twice each year at their June and November meetings.
Unfunded grant requests may be resubmitted. The primary purpose of this program is to fund social, humanitarian and educational needs.
The following general guidelines have been adopted by the Board of Directors:
1. Grant funds will not be awarded to individuals or organizations where the use of funds will be used for the primary benefit of one person.
2. Grant funds can be spent outside the Cooperative's general service area, but the ultimate benefit from the expenditure must occur at the local level and within the Cooperative's general service area.
3. Churches, organizations or groups organized under the sponsorship of a church are not eligible.
4. Groups primarily organized for hunting, fishing, preserving or creating wildlife habitat and/or for the care of animals are not eligible.
5. Grants shall not be awarded for any political purpose.